Green Paper Registration and Fees
Agenda AGM Documents Plenary Speakers CCP Conference Speakers Wine and Cheese Entertainment Banquet Entertainment Become a Sponsor Conference Sponsors 2017 Award Recipients 2016 Award Recipients Accomodations, Parking & Services
Project Management Courses Reclamation Courses Green Paper Presentations 2017 Plenary Presentations 2017 Conference Presentations 2016 Plenary Presentations 2016 Conference Presentations 2015 Plenary Presentations 2015 Conference Presentations 2014 Conference Presentations 2013 Conference Presentations 2012 Conference Presentations
For each annual conference the AIA commissions a Green Paper to be authored by peer recognized experts. The authors express their own views and opinions backed by experience and science. The views expressed are not those of the Institute. The Institute welcomes outside views and diverse, researched opinions.
Speaker: Dr. Ian Urquhart, Department of Political Sciences, University of Alberta
( CLICK HERE for Ian's Biography)
This paper will explore the likely impact of climate change in Alberta and the relationship between the Alberta government’s climate leadership initiatives and the Alberta agricultural sector. It aspires to:
- Outline the agricultural sector’s importance to Alberta,
- Outline how global climate change is likely affecting Alberta’s climate, -
- Outline the provincial government’s climate initiatives,
- Assess the demands/challenges and opportunities those initiatives offer Alberta’s agricultural sector,
- Identify win/win policies that will help Alberta agriculture to adapt successfully to a changing climate.