Title: Grande Prairie February Branch Meeting
Join us for an informative evening with AIA CEO/Registrar, David Lloyd, and AIA Director of Practice Standards, Chair Competence Committee, Les Fuller.
Date/Time: February 21st, 2018
- 5:00pm Cocktails and Networking
- 6:00pm Buffet Style Dinner
- 6:45pm Short Branch Meeting
- 7:00pm - 9:00pm Presentation and Discussion
Location: Stonebridge Hotel (old Trumpeter hotel) on the north side of Grande Prairie at 12102 100th Street. Meeting will be in the STONEGRILL ROOM.
Speakers: David Lloyd (AIA CEO/Registrar) and Les Fuller (AIA Director Practice Standards, Chair Competence Committee)
Description: David Lloyd and Les Fuller will speak on the following topics:
- AIA activity/initiative overview from 2017 and going into 2018
- Practice Area Standards - why, development process, current standards approved, standards being developed
- Practice Reviews - how, when, who, what it means
- Continuing Competence Program (CCP) - Council approvals, membership responsibility, how CCP relates to the practice areas
- The National Agrology Body - Why is it important? What is happening with it?
Followed by a Question & Answer Discussion.
Historically, we have our CEO/Registar and Directors up to Grande Prairie once per year to discuss what is new and happening within the Institute. This is usually a very well-attended meeting which allows for great networking and gives each member an opportunity to have their voice heard if there are questions or concerns. The Council and Institute represent all of us and it is important that we participate to ensure we get the most out of our membership. Megan and I encourage your attendance to support the GP Branch and to bring forth your ideas as we all bring a vast amount of experience to the table from our region....and it will be a great beef dinner for some CCP hours!
If there are any questions you would like to ensure are answered, please send those in advance in the event that preparation is needed.
Member Benefits: Members will:
- Network with local agrologists
- Meet the AIA CEO/Registrar
- Have the opportunity to understand Practice Areas and Standards
- Learn what the AIA is doing provincially and about the national body
- Eat delicious beef dinner
- Present ideas or concerns to the AIA
Admission: Members and Non-Members are welcome!!
Please forward this event to any friends and co-workers who are interested in joining the AIA. We want to encourage enrollment and attendance to AIA events.
Dinner and Fees:
Member Dinner $26.25 + GST
Student Dinner $26.25 + GST
Non-Member Dinner $28.50 + GST
Meeting ONLY (no dinner) $0.00
Beef Buffet Includes:
- Shaved Alberta Beef with caramelized onions and garlic mushrooms
- Mini Yorkshire puddings
- Mashed potatoes and gravy
- Roasted vegetables
- Caesar Salad
Other beverages will be available at an extra cost and paid to server.
Please note any allergies or meal requirements when you register OR contact, either, Nicole or Megan to discuss options.
Registration with dinner closes Tuesday, February 20th at 11:00am.
Registration without dinner closes Wednesday, February 21st at 12:00pm.
Co-Chair - Megan Bridger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Co-Chair - Nicole Jackson (email@example.com)
Treasurer - Sonja Raven (firstname.lastname@example.org)
See you there!!!